After installing/upgrading to Release v22.x, the locally created admin/ other internal users available in Release application by default can no longer log in, but LDAP users are able to log in.
Affected Products & Versions
Release v22.x after upgrading from an earlier version of Release
The internalAuthenticationProvider bean ID and reference in $RELEASE_HOME/conf/xl-release-security.xml are no longer required in the Release application.
Steps to Recreate
- Create/Use an existing $RELEASE_HOME/conf/xl-release-security.xml with the following Bean-ID and Bean references:
<bean id="rememberMeAuthenticationProvider" class="com.xebialabs.deployit.security.authentication.RememberMeAuthenticationProvider"/> <bean id="internalAuthenticationProvider" class="com.xebialabs.deployit.security.authentication.XlAuthenticationProvider"/>
<security:authentication-manager alias="authenticationManager"> <security:authentication-provider ref="rememberMeAuthenticationProvider" /> <security:authentication-provider ref="internalAuthenticationProvider" /> <security:authentication-provider ref="ldapProvider" /> </security:authentication-manager>
- Start the Release application.
- Log in as an LDAP user, it works.
- Log in as an or admin/any other internal Release user, it fails with the error A local account exists for user admin in the login screen.
Step-1: Make the following two changes in $RELEASE_HOME/conf/xl-release-security.xml
Remove this line:
<bean id="internalAuthenticationProvider" class="com.xebialabs.deployit.security.authentication.
<security:authentication-provider ref="internalAuthenticationProvider" />
<security:authentication-provider ref="xlAuthenticationProvider" />
Step-2: After making these changes restart Release.
- This has been reported to Engg. Team and resolved as a part of FI-1078 only in Release v22.x.
- Resolution requires documentation change and is incorporated here: https://docs.xebialabs.com/v.22.0/release/how-to/configure-ldap-security-for-xl-release/#configure-release-to-use-an-ldap-repository
- Release Note will updated to help customers upgrading the Release application to v22.x so that they can do this change during upgrade.