In the release notes for Release v10.x there is reference to a new feature
[ENG-5251] - Featured Toggle: Send email to inactive users
Could you please provide a link to relevant documentation or explain how to enable/toggle this feature as I can't seem to find this anywhere in the UI as an Administrator or in the official docs?
Which users are considered inactive by this feature? Is there a setting for the default inactivity time period?
You can find the details regarding this in the doc Enable the email notifications to inactive users on our Docs site/ documentation page.
The inactive users are the users who do not have the login permissions enabled.
It doesn't send an email notification for making a user inactive. It is rather used to send emails for release-level events as follows:
- Release started
- Release completed
- Release failed
- Release failing
- Release aborted
- Release flagged
How to test it?
You can test this out in the following way:
- Configure SMTP server in Release
- Create 2 users(user1 and user2) with Email ID updated
- Create a folder and create a team including the above users under Teams and Permissions
- Add a template in the folder and add a simple task that will fail, also add the created team in Assigned to section
- Disable one of the users from user settings on the User Management tab.
- Create a release and start release, Verify that release is failed and check whether both the users(Active and inactive) received the email notification
Please sign in to leave a comment.