Before you submit a ticket
Before you submit a ticket regarding Digital.ai Release or Deploy, here are some things you can do to possibly find a solution to your problem:
- Check the product documentation site for relevant information.
- Check the Digital.ai support knowledge base to see if there is an answer to your current question
- Check that the version of the product you're using is still supported
Submitting a support ticket
When you encounter an issue using one of the products and it is not covered in our knowledge base, and no further info is available from our documentation site, please submit a support ticket. It will help us assist you more quickly if you fill in all required fields to provide us with the necessary information about your issue or question.
- Version: Product version.
- Please add version numbers of relevant plugins in the description field
- Please note any hot-fixes installed in the description field
- Priority: What is the impact of this problem on your business? Please refer to the following link for more information and what priority to choose upon
Describing your request
The completeness and detail of the ticket description is important in helping our support staff to solve your issue. Please provide us with the following information:
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- What steps did you execute in the product that resulted in the issue?
- What result did you expect?
- What is the actual result?
- What is the most recent change in your environment? Examples are: Upgraded from version X to version Y, installed a hot fix, installed a new plugin, installed a firewall, reinstalled middle-ware, etc.
The Digital.ai support team may need technical information to reproduce and resolve your issue. The following is a list of information that you may be asked to supply:
- Product configuration:
- xl-deploy.conf xl-release-server.conf
- deployit-security.xml or xl-release-security.xml in case of security or authentication problems
- Version of the product and relevant plugins
- Configuration item types in use (if the types are custom or modified, please include the type definition; in case of synthetic types, these can be found in the xmlfile)
- Configuration files from the conf directory
- Deployment packages (DAR files) and/or manifests describing the packages in use
- Tool-specific configuration files such as POM files, Jenkins job configurations, and so on
- Configuration items (CIs) used in your scenario, such as containers, dictionaries, and so on
- If the problem relates to the user interface, please provide a screenshot and describe what problem it shows
- Error message text and/or screenshots
- Server log snippets or entire server log files
- If the problem is procedural, provide the audit log
- Support accelerator ZIP file containing information about your software installation, including the contents of the conf, ext, plugins, hotfix, log, and bin. The support accelerator package is available for both Digital.ai Release and Digital.ai Deploy.