This feature is available in all editions
I received one of the following error messages when trying to access my new VersionOne instance:
- 404 Error (Not Found) received after installing a new system.
- The page cannot be found
- The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
- HTTP 404 - File not found Internet Information Services
Try the following
- If you typed the page address in the address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
- Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
- Click the Back button to try another link.
There are three known causes for this error, listed in order of most to least likely:
Check the web server's inetpub directory and verify the name of the Agility application. From the webserver, bring up a browser and try accessing the application using localhost.
It's possible that a different error message is actually being generated and swallowed by the security on the server. A 403 error may be generated by the application, but displayed as a 404 error. This indicates that ASP.Net has not been properly registered with IIS.
In this case, a regular .htm or .html file can be placed in the directory and successfully displayed by the server. An .aspx file, however, returns the error.
Please sign in to leave a comment.