This feature is available in all editions
How does Agility calculate the 'forecast' release completion date?
The following table describes the input fields used to manually calculate the predicted release date.
It's helpful to start by calculating period start and end dates.
Period 1 Start Date = Start Date (from inputs)
Period 1 End Date = Period 1 Start Date + ( Period (from inputs) - 1 day )
Period 2 Start Date = Period 1 Start Date + Period (from inputs)
Period 2 End Date = Period 1 End Date + Period (from inputs)
...And so on
Remaining Estimate = Open Estimate as of current date PLUS any Closed Estimate that has been closed in the Current Period
- Current Period is the period (see above period calculations) in which the current date falls
- Closed Estimate can be determined by exporting the backlog (open and closed) and summing the estimate of closed items with a Last Changed Date on or after the Start Date of the Current Period
Projected Velocity = Average of Closed Estimate in the previous 3 completed periods
- Previous 3 completed periods = the 3 periods prior to the Current Period
- Closed estimate in a period can be calculated by summing the estimate of closed items with a Last Changed Date in a period
- Zeros are excluded from the average calculation
(Let's call this
Additional Periods to Completion = Remaining Estimate / Projected Velocity
- Rounded up to the nearest whole number
- The chart should contain this number of bars in the 'projected' portion
Forecast Completion = End Date of the Nth period
- Starting with the current period as Period 1
|Other items of
- The date in the hover over the last bar should match the date in the Forecast Completion field.
- The Projected Closed in the hover over the last bar should match the total open estimate plus any closed estimate since the Start Date (from inputs). Note that Projected Closed will not match Remaining Estimate
Please sign in to leave a comment.