This article is intended for administrators responsible for creating and managing member accounts and provides instructions for assigning Admin Privileges roles to Member accounts.
The Admin Privileges role determines what actions members can perform in the system, including:
- Making system configuration changes
- Managing sprint/iteration schedules and adding individual sprints
- Managing member accounts
- Managing Agility subscription and account details
- A Member's Admin Privileges role does not determine access to projects or permissions. To grant access to a Project, you must first Assign them to a Project, and then assign Project Role , to grant permissions for that specific Project.
- When a Member is assigned to a Project using the drag-and-drop method, their Admin Privileges role is copied to the Project as their Project Role. Depending on the Admin Privileges role that is copied, the Member may not have access to that Project's assets. For example, an Admin Privileges role of No Access or Visitor will have limited or no access when applied as a Project role, at the Project level. To grant explicit access to the Project's assets, that is different from those allowed by the initial Project Role, a new Project Role must be explicitly assigned to that specific Project, for that Member.
- In the Catalyst edition, only the System Admin and Team Member Admin Privileges roles are available. In addition, the Project Role cannot be changed on a per-Project basis; Catalyst Members have the same role for both Admin Privileges and Project Role (for all projects)
Admin Privileges Role Access Summary
The table below shows each Admin Privileges role and their level of System Configuration access. To learn how to assign a role to a Member's account, see Assigning an Admin Privileges Role to an Existing Member.