Is it possible to inherit the artifacts, trackers, or planning folders of parent projects in subprojects?
When a parent project is added, its subprojects can only inherit project members, user groups, and roles from its parent project. There are no options to view the artifacts and trackers from a subproject. It is not possible to Inherit the tracker of the Parent project in subprojects.
If a user is added as a member of the parent project with a global project role, this user also appears as an "Inherited Member" of subprojects.
Check the roles inherited from the parent project in subprojects:
- Click Project Admin > Permissions > Roles
- You will now see VIEW
- Select Roles inherited from parent project
If the role isn't inherited in the child projects:
- Check if the option Prevent this role's permissions from applying to private subprojects is disabled in the project roles applied for the user
- If the option is enabled, then the user role will not be reflected in child projects
To check and edit the roles:
- Click Admin > Roles > GLOBAL PROJECT ROLES
- Select the role name and check if the option Prevent Inheritance is disabled
- If the option is enabled, click Edit and disable that option
- The user roles applied in the parent project will now be reflected in the child projects